Saturday 1 January 2011

Sound-A-Day 01.01.2011


















One of the reasons for starting this blog was to build up some type of online portfolio for sound design work. Many people told me that an important rule for blogging was to keep regular updates. So I decided what better way than to upload a new sound each day!

I love playing around with sounds, and finding different ways of coming up with interesting noises. It plays a huge part in my music making as well as being something I get a lot of enjoyment out of.

I cant really predict what type of sounds will be going up each day, sometimes a short loop, sometimes a full track, and sometimes maybe even a single drum sound. One things for certain though, there will be a new one every day!

Today's sound is pretty heavily processed. It began as a recording of a sheet of glass being scraped with a nail. The glass sheet had contact mics attached, the signal from which was run through a self built Spectral Delay patch in NI Reaktor. The resulting sound was then edited using several effects in Soundforge.

Glass-Scrape-Spec by Noisy Neighbour Sound

I think this is a pretty cool ambient effect, very alien and ominous!

No comments:

Post a Comment