Tuesday 11 January 2011

Sound-A-Day 11.01.2011

So, although yesterday I said I'd upload some more sounds from my new synth I'm building, and I had every intention of doing so, I really did! But, just as I was closing Reaktor I saw the Absynth icon in the corner of my eye and got a bit carried away!

This started out as a kick and Snare sound made in my Module synth. I built a little sequencer in Reaktor to build a beat with. Then I loaded a wave table synth and set it up to switch waveform every 16th beat. With a sharp amp envelope and some pitch modulation, it made some nice percussion hits. I let this spit out some random beats for a while, recording the output. Trimmed a couple to size and loaded them into the granular players in Absynth. Lots of noodling with the envelopes, and recorded the output

Here's one of the resulting sounds.

Springy-Bend-Kick by Noisy Neighbour Sound

I quite like it, sounds like a plasma cannon or something. Perhaps a long way round to make one 2 second long sound, but I guess it's more about the journey than the destination!

No comments:

Post a Comment