Monday 17 January 2011

Sound-A-Day 17.01.2011

Right, back on with sound a day!

I figured it's easier for me to keep track of the sounds I'm uploading if I try to carry a theme through each week. Last week was mostly synth blurps from a Reaktor patch I'm busy with, this week I decided loops should be the theme.

I find the notion of loops really interesting, because while it's a good descriptive term for a type of sound, really it can cover a very wide spectrum of things. Midi loops, sampled breaks, whole sections of tracks even. Although the ones I'll be uploading this week will be mostly beats, just mulling over this has made me reconsider my approach to loops quite considerably.

Anyway, enough of that tangent, here's a sound!

VIDSEQ-TEST-LOOP by Noisy Neighbour Sound

This one was made in a Reaktor patch I've been building over the last couple days called VIDSEQ. It's effectively a granular sample based sequenced drum machine, but with a few added features. More about that another day! The hits themselves are from a folder I made of glitched out hits made in all types of ways, some of which I have shared on here previously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment